As one of hundreds of grassroots initiatives across the nation working to improve public education, Public Education Partners has a simple mission: to lead our community in acting collectively to support, strengthen and advance public education and student achievement in Greenville County Schools. Since our inception in 1985, we have crafted initiatives, celebrated progress, and vigorously sought to collaborate to address challenges.
Our mission is based on five foundational beliefs:
- Public education is fundamental to a democratic, civil and prosperous society.
- Public schools are critical institutions for breaking the cycle of poverty and redressing social inequities.
- Public education is a critical lever for community prosperity and vitality.
- Education reform must be systemic and engage multiple stakeholders to be effective.
- Public engagement, community support and adequate resources are essential to the success of public education.
A Greenville County that shines as a model for how collective community engagement yields opportunity and success for all students in public education.
While challenges facing public education continue to grow more complex, we are steadfast in our belief that we can make a difference. Currently, our strategic intentions focus on three goals: invest in creating conditions that position Greenville as an ideal destination for teachers; leverage an advocacy point of view that supports our mission; and shift our capacity model to support work at systemic level.
PEP depends heavily on research, existing data, state and local issues and examination of best practices to determine a three-year plan of work. Each year, we refine and revise our plans. Donor contributions are essential to improving student achievement and we’re careful to monitor our progress to be sure to make the most of each investment.
Please join us in making a difference in the quality of public education for all of our children. As a donor supported organization, we rely on local businesses, foundations and individuals to help us accomplish our mission. Every gift helps us make a greater impact in Greenville County.