As one of hundreds of grassroots initiatives across the nation working to improve public education, Public Education Partners has a simple mission: to collaborate with the community, educators and elected officials to support and strengthen public education and student achievement in Greenville County Schools. Since our inception in 1985, we have crafted initiatives, celebrated progress, and vigorously sought to collaborate to address challenges.
Our mission is based on five foundational beliefs:
- Public education is fundamental to a democratic, civil and prosperous society.
- Public schools are critical institutions for breaking the cycle of poverty and redressing social inequities.
- Public education is a critical lever for community prosperity and vitality.
- Education reform must be systemic and engage multiple stakeholders to be effective.
- Public engagement, community support and adequate resources are essential to the success of public education.
Every child in Greenville County Schools will graduate ready for college, careers, and civic responsibility.
While challenges facing public education continue to grow more complex, we are steadfast in our belief that we can make a difference. Currently, our strategic plan focuses on three goals: fostering innovation and student success in schools, deepening connections between schools and the community, and strengthening the organizational capacity of Public Education Partners to implement our mission and vision.
PEP depends heavily on research, existing data, state and local issues and examination of best practices to determine a three-year plan of work. Each year, we refine and revise our plans. Donor contributions are essential to improving student achievement and we’re careful to monitor our progress to be sure to make the most of each investment.
Please join us in making a difference in the quality of public education for all of our children. As a donor supported organization, we rely on local businesses, foundations and individuals to help us accomplish our mission. Every gift helps us make a greater impact in Greenville County.